Thursday, June 12, 2014

GI Joe FSS 2.0 Cesspool Review

Ah the 90's, what a transitional century. Environmental concerns, a perverted president, and GI Joe's death (until 2002!) Most of the 80's fans had phased out of Joe by now, and were busy planning dates with girls, and social life. I still collected during this time, being the non-social nerd, but i hated the eco force story. Not only for the bright plastic, but by the brand fatigue joe was suffering. Eco Force was a decent idea in my teen mind, but I didn't really like the bright lights and plastic, and you could tell HasBlow was out of Ideas. But when I saw Cesspool, I was stunned. Not by the creepiness, but by the sheer detail and effort Boss Fight Studios put into him. They turned a boring character into one I had to get. And he did not dissapoint at all!
Cesspool ties into this years joecon set, "Zombie Initiative". I hope to be getting the set by december, so I'll have reviews up then, but for Cesspool this is an awesome figure. Articulation is G3.5, meaning he has all modern era (2007 - present) articulation such as hands bending at the wrist, ball joint for the head, double jointed knees, 90 degree articulation in the arms, etc. His accessories? Oh man, I think these are incredible. He has "Money Bags Destro's" signature accessory, a toxo gun from the 30'th anniversary hazard-viper, and backpack from 25'th anniversary Barbecue. His vest fits perfectly on my figure.
Overall: I love this figure. While he's not the "OMG!!!! YAY!!!" Keel Haul and Falcon had, he's a close to perfect companion. My only problem? His mask doesn't fit all the way, but I've heard the original toy's helmet fits perfectly over him. Pick him up!
Grade: 8.9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment