Tuesday, June 10, 2014

GI Joe FSS 2.0 Night Force Lt. Falcon Review

For my first review, I thought I'd review my one, if not my favorite GI Joe character and toy. Most people like Falcon from the comics, not the film, so it was a real disappointment that the 25'th anniversary figure was so bad. The head, arms, legs, everything was bad about him. Luckily, in 2011 Hasbro produced a brand new head sculpt for the 30'th anniversary Slaughter Marauders (A better set than the dreadnoks), and Falcon was saved... for the most part.
Falcon's "skirt" was a real let down and kind of hindered his articulation. He also had black hair instead of brown and other nitpicks. By now everyone who is a hardcore Joe fan knows HasBlow was planning on releasing another 25'th falcon in NF colors. Thankfully the near-atrocious 25'th anniversary ended. The club brought the figure back to finish last years con set and made this figure one of the highlights of FSS 2.0
Falcon is a repaint of the 30'th Slaughters Marauders figure mentioned above, though the skirt isn't included. He now has the POC Cobra Troopers vest, which in my opinion a wise choice. It covers up where the skirt plugged in, and makes it look like nothing was there. His beret is removable, and he has the same backpack as the 25'th did. Articulation includes a waist swivel! Something I've only seen in few Transformers, so this is an awesome addition. Falcon has a shot gun and a grenade gun-thingy.
Overall, I'm so thankful the club did this. I don't have all the NF figures (I only have Psyche Out and i'm getting Charbroil within the next month), but this is the Falcon you should use as your default one for G3. I'm giving this guy 9/10, the only issue I have is the wrist articulation, but that's only minor when he's holding the shotgun. Pick this guy up!

No comments:

Post a Comment